|This article is about the Prawn Suit in Below Zero. To see this subject's article on the Subnautica Wiki, click here.|
The Pressure Re-Active Waterproof Nano Suit Mk.III (abbv. Prawn Suit Mk.III) is a bipedal mechanical walker, designed for use in extreme-pressure and zero-gravity environments. A plasteel-reinforced canopy of enameled glass protects the single occupant, and dexterity is provided by hydraulic limbs that are capable of striking with enough force to crush bone and pulverize rock. When not in use outside of water, the vehicle assumes a seated position.
Lateral movement is provided by mechanical legs that propel the vehicle along the seabed at a top speed of 24 kph (14 mph), and a pair of boosters on the back of the vehicle provide vertical thrust.
A 3D model can be found on Sketchfab.
The Prawn Suit can be used to explore deep areas. It has a base crush depth of 900 meters.
Unless the power supply is depleted, the player's Oxygen tank will be replenished upon entering. If power is depleted, the oxygen will run out slowly until the point where the player is losing oxygen within the Prawn Suit itself.
The Prawn Suit has a health meter, and reaching zero will cause the vehicle to malfunction catastrophically and explode.
The vehicle comes equipped with a 24-slot inventory space, accessed from outside in the rear. Any items picked up with the default Claw Arm or drilled with the Drill Arm are automatically placed in the Prawn Suit's inventory if there is room. Bear in mind though that there is a slight delay between clicking and activating the respective Claw Arm on the suit, so a player may accidentally punch a creature they are trying to collect or miss a falling item.
How to Use
- Enter the Prawn Suit by clicking or by pressing the A button on it when the hand icon appears.
- Pilot the Prawn Suit using the , , and keys or the Left Stick on Xbox One.
- Exiting the Prawn Suit by pressing the key or the B button on Xbox One. Exiting the vehicle when out of water will cause it to assume a sitting position, allowing access to its Power Cell slots, storage compartment and upgrade panel more easily.
- Press the left and right mouse or the left and right bumpers (Xbox One) to use the arms.
- Press the spacebar to jump and hold it to use the thrusters. Or by pressing the A button and holding it (Xbox One). Using the thrusters will deplete their internal energy, which recharges by itself when not in use.
- In Below Zero, the Prawn Suit has a new ability named "Powerslide" that allows it to glide over the ground at high speeds rather than having to walk when the key is pressed. This does not consume thruster energy.
- The Prawn Suit is the only vehicle from Subnautica to appear in Below Zero.
- Two damaged Prawn Suits can be found next to Research Base Zero.